KEMA Coatings Ltd. is a private, Canadian-owned corporation with headquarters located near Canada’s business capital, Toronto. The company was established in 1993 as a formulator and manufacturer of proprietary protective coating systems which are used today throughout a wide variety of industries.
Our first commercial success involved the development of KEMA 100SG liquid urethane and its subsequent North America-wide adoption as a highly reliable external pipeline corrosion and barrier coating. We now have three major product divisions: module sealant and elastomer adhesive coatings; thermo set polymer; and liquid coatings and composites.
KEMA Coatings’ breadth and depth of experience support innovations from invention right through to successful day-to-day, in-service utilization. The company holds important Canadian and United States patents for both unique coatings and proprietary application processes.
Our major commercial successes include:
- Millenium 3®
- KEMA Series 60 polyisobutylene-based pipe coating in wrap form
- KEMA 250 thick polyisobutelene coating ideal for protecting cadwelds, pin braising and stainless steel banding
- KEMA 250-12 thick polyisobutylene coating with a PE protective coating that transforms and repairs. Ideal for top coating over KEMA 250, sleeves and as a mainline coating transition protection.
- KEMA 100 solvent-free, two-pack urethane
- KEMA 300 solvent-free, multi-functional novolac, two-pack epoxy
- KEMA 400 solvent-free multi-functional novolac, two-pack epoxy with a lower application temperature specification
- KEMA MILSPEC, T-4 two-pack, epoxy polyamide
- KEMA Mesh is a coating protection system guarding against impact damage during back-filling operations
Our proprietary technologies include KEMAgard III, a field or plant-applied composite coating system. It incorporates both thermo set liquid prime coats with a choice modified olefin top coat.
KEMA protective coatings are well-accepted around the world. Products, business agents and certified trained applicators are at work in:
- United States
- Plus many more
KEMA Coatings also offers a range of solvent-free, fast-setting, polyurea coatings which are typically designed for concrete protection and preservation. Contact us for further information about your particular project.